Saturday, May 8, 2010

Surgery # 16

WARNING: This blog contains pictures of life right after my operation. If you are easily grossed out or squeamish you might want to skip this blog.

April 27th came and went. Everything went well during surgery #16. I forgot how bad fusions hurt. I am still swollen, bruised, and in a ton of pain. Since I am typing with one hand and in a tremendous amount of pain, I decided to post pictures from the last 11 days.


Fusion of index and long finger CMC joints
Photobucket
Photobucket

Swollen and purple
Photobucket

Sporting the sweet fanny pack that was holding my lidocaine pump
Photobucket

Monday I noticed that I had extreme swelling in my legs and feet
Photobucket

A quick trip to the ER to make sure there were no clots in my legs and chest. Everything was fine, just a bad case of kankles.
Photobucket

Fraken-Arm. Every time they take the post surgery wrap off I always am in shock.
Photobucket

Fake it till you make it.
Photobucket


I have been well taken care of by my parents and friends. I am so fortunate and blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

Hope I did not make anyone throw up or pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment